Transition House Updates Regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
At Transition House, our primary concern is health and safety. As such, the following steps were taken to safeguard our client families, staff, volunteers and supporters. We want to do our part to help everyone in the community stay healthy in accordance with CDC, state and local guidelines.
As of Monday, May 7, 2020:
- Transition House administrative office, located on 425 E. Cota Street, is open to staff and clients who have pre-approved appointments only from 9am to 3 pm. Transition House offices will not be open to the general public.
- The Transition House McCune Family Emergency Shelter is now open all day to current client families. Our waitlist is closed until further notice.
- Transition House dinner provider volunteer program is cancelled until further notice.
- The Transition House Family Support Center (FSC) is closed until further notice.
- The Transition House Infant Care Center (ICC) is closed until further notice
- Transition House staff will work remotely as feasible, utilizing virtual platforms for all case management and staff meetings when possible.
- The office and emergency shelter will be disinfected on a regular basis. Protocols are in place for disinfecting all common-area surfaces after each use.
- If you are a client, services will continue to be delivered through phone and teleconferencing. There is also a new drop-box at the administrative office for document exchange. Transition House continues to provide employment-related services, housing location services, and services related to securing assistance programs such as unemployment insurance.
- If you are a community member, volunteer, supporter or board member wishing to visit Transition House, please arrange ahead of time. Do not come to the office or the emergency shelter if you are sick.
- If you wish to donate items, please contact the office first at (805) 966-9668 to confirm if the item is needed. As part of precautionary measures, donations of items will be accepted by appointment only.
Transition House recognizes that the community response to COVID-19 is ever-changing, and we are doing our best to navigate the impacts to our agency’s programs in new and creative ways. We also realize we are part of a larger effort and we are all stronger working together.
We thank you for your support. Please stay tuned for updates.
How you can help Transition House respond to coronavirus (COVID-19) updated May 7, 2020
Donate. If you’d like to help provide relief by making a financial contribution at this critical time, please click here.
Shop Local for Transition House’s Children. Our Children’s Program Staff is in the process of assembling in-room activity kits for our shelter and Firehouse residents. Please click here for a list of local businesses where you can order. Transition House will take care of pick up. If you are interested in donating enrichment activities for our young residents or have any questions, please contact Claire Frandsen, Volunteer Coordinator, by clicking here or by calling (805) 966-9668 x129.