Transition House Updates Regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
As of Thursday, June 3, 2021:
- Transition House dinner provider volunteer program is off site until further notice.
- The Transition House Family Support Center (FSC) is closed until further notice.
- The Transition House Infant Care Center (ICC) is open from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm.
- Transition House staff will continue to use virtual platforms for internal meetings as much as possible and with clients when appropriate.
- The office and emergency shelter protocols include daily temperature checks for staff and resident clients, disinfecting all common-area surfaces, requirements for air purification/ventilation and social distancing expectations. Masks must be worn in all shared spaces within the buildings at all times.
- If you are a client, case management meetings are available in-person at the administrative office. Services are also available through phone and teleconferencing, when appropriate. There is also a new drop-box at the administrative office for document exchange. Transition House continues to provide employment-related services, housing location services, distance-learning support and services related to securing assistance programs such as unemployment insurance.
- If you are a community member, volunteer, supporter or board member wishing to visit Transition House, please arrange ahead of time. Do not come to the office or the emergency shelter if you are sick.
Transition House recognizes that the community response to COVID-19 is ever-changing, and we are doing our best to navigate the impacts to our agency’s programs in new and creative ways. We also realize we are part of a larger effort and we are all stronger working together.
We thank you for your support. Please stay tuned for updates.
How you can help Transition House respond to coronavirus (COVID-19) updated June 3, 2021
Donate. If you’d like to help provide relief by making a financial contribution at this critical time, please click here.