COVID-19 Updates & Office Hours
Updated: October 25, 2021
At Transition House, our primary concern is health and safety. We want to do our part to help everyone in the community stay healthy in accordance with CDC, state, and local guidelines. As such, all age-eligible shelter residents must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 in order to enter Transition House.
In addition, staff, volunteers and any onsite consultants must be vaccinated according to a July 26, 2021, health order from the State of California.
Clients may come to the office with pre-approved appointments only from 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday thru Thursday and 9:00am to 4:00pm, on Fridays.
Families interested in applying for entry into the Transition House Emergency Shelter must schedule an appointment. Walk-ins not accepted. To make an appointment, contact Lidia Garcia, Waitlist & Services Coordinator, at (805) 966-9668.
***All eligible members of a household must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19
in order to enter Transition House.***
Year-round Transition House needs new/gently used pillows, towels, twin sheets and blankets (no wool, machine washable). If you are wishing to donate these essential items to Transition House, please arrange ahead of time to make an appointment for drop off. Currently, we are not accepting clothing, toys or furnishings. Donations of unsolicited items will not be accepted.
As of May 4, 2022:
- The Transition House Infant Care Center (ICC) is open from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
- The Transition House Family Support Center (FSC) is closed until further notice.
- Transition House staff will continue to use virtual platforms for internal meetings as much as possible and with clients when appropriate.
- The office and emergency shelter protocols include daily temperature checks for staff and resident clients, disinfecting all common-area surfaces, requirements for air purification/ventilation and social distancing expectations. Masks must be worn in all shared spaces within the buildings at all times.
- If you are a client, case management meetings are available in-person at the administrative office. Services are also available through phone and teleconferencing, when appropriate. There is also a new drop-box at the administrative office for document exchange. Transition House continues to provide employment-related services, housing location services, distance-learning support and services related to securing assistance programs such as unemployment insurance.
- If you are a community member, volunteer, supporter or board member wishing to tour Transition House, please arrange ahead of time. Do not come to the office or the emergency shelter if you are sick.
Transition House recognizes that the community response to COVID-19 is ever-changing, and we are doing our best to navigate the impacts to our agency’s programs in new and creative ways. We also realize we are part of a larger effort and we are all stronger working together.
We thank you for your support. Please stay tuned for updates.