California Homeless Resources
A database of homeless resources in various cities in the state of CA. Shelters:
PATH Santa Barbara
(805) 884-8481 Shelter and services for single adults. Formerly Casa Esperanza Santa Barbara Rescue Mission
(805) 966-1316 Shelter and services for single adults, and residential drug and alcohol recovery programs.
Domestic Violence Solutions
(805) 964-5245 / 24 Hour Crisis Line Shelter and services for women and children who are victims of domestic violence and are in immediate danger.
(805) 963-8775 (Hotline for 24 Hour Help • 1-866-HELP TEEN) Shelter and services for homeless youth, ages 10-17.
Good Samaritan Shelter (North Santa Barbara County)
(805) 346-8185 Shelter and services for families and single adults in Lompoc and Santa Maria, along with residential drug and alcohol recovery programs.
Clothing and Food Resources:
(805) 965-4122 Offers assistance with interview clothing and vouchers for haircuts.
(805) 681-5275 California Dept. of Health – Women, Infants and Children Program. Offers basic food supplies for infants.
(805) 965-7045 Offers clothing, ID, rental subsidies, immigration assistance.
Housing Authority of the City of Santa Barbara
(805) 965-1071 Provides affordable housing and supportive services to eligible persons with limited incomes.
Housing Authority of the County of Santa Barbara
(805) 967-3402 Provides affordable housing to low income households in Santa Barbara County.
People Self-Help Housing
(805) 781-3088 Provides affordable rental housing in Santa Barbara, Ventura, San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara Counties.
(805) 683-6381 Provides transitional housing and services for single mothers and children, families, and seniors. Also provides affordable Daycare.
(805) 682-9585 Offers quality, tuition-free early education for homeless and at-risk children, as well as services for their families.
Boys & Girls Club
(805) 962-2382 A safe place for kids to gather after school, as well as core programs that provide young people with necessary knowledge and skills.
(805) 963-4757 Through educational, research-based programs, activities and advocacy, Girls Incorporated offers girls ages 4-1/2 to 18 years with opportunities to experience success as they prepare to lead independent and fulfilling lives.
Santa Barbara County Education Office
(805) 964-4710 ext. 4418 Homeless Liaison Center for Community Education/Transitional Youth Services. The Homeless/Foster Youth liaison will assist families in navigating the school system.
Substance Abuse Resources:
Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse
(805) 963-1433 The mission of the Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse is building a safer, healthier community by preventing and treating alcoholism and drug abuse. CADA supports families, youth and adults through our prevention, education and public awareness programs in addition to providing treatment and referrals.
(805) 966-1260 Provides effective treatment services and a safe, sober living environment to women suffering from the disease of alcoholism or who are addicted to alcohol and other drugs.
(805) 963-8961 Offers services, aimed at youth and families to assist in overcoming and preventing drug abuse.
This website helps individuals take steps toward a healthy relationship with drugs and alcohol. Here, visitors can learn about the experiences of people like them and find the answers they need for recognizing and dealing with substance use issues.
Counseling and Mental Health Support:
New Beginnings Counseling Center
(805) 963-7777 Low-cost, sliding-scale clinic offers individual, couples, family, and group counseling services. RV Safe Parking Program and veteran’s services.
Child Abuse Listening Mediation
(805) 965-2376 Treatment services to help provide happier, healthier lives for those suffering from the devastation of child abuse.
Santa Barbara County’s United Way